Avocado toast. It’s easy, it’s delicious, and it’s filling.
I’m not sure when the obsession with avocados started for me, but y’all it’s bad.
I just bought one avocado for $2.99. You read that right, $2.99. For one. This is well past out of control, but I can’t stop, won’t stop.
Avocado toast is easy and filling, two things I always need more of. There’s not a whole lot to it, so let’s get in to it…
YIELD: 1 serving
PREP TIME: less than 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 5-7 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
1 medium sized, ripe avocado
2 pieces of toast
1 tsp Dried cilantro
Pinch of Cumin (less than half a 1/4 tsp)
Squeeze of a Lime wedge
S & P to taste
2 tbsp. Spreadable cheese ( ie. Cream Cheese, I use goats milk Gruyere) split between toast
2 slices of bacon
- Start with the avocado, you want let the flavors get nice and happy. Mash to your desired consistency, I like mine a little chunky ?.
- Add in 1 Cilantro, Cumin, lime juice, s&p, and chunk with a fork, set aside. Toast your bread.
- Cook your bacon. Let’s have a moment of silence to admire the deliciousness of bacon. Bacon makes everything better. If there’s bacon, I’m there. For real.
- Assemble your masterpiece sans egg, we save that for last. Spread cream cheese on toast, followed by avocado, then the bacon. Now, dealers choice, you can crumble the bacon on top of the avocado or place them whole. I’m partial to a little bit of both. Bacon in every bite!
- Now, I’m hoping you saved that bacon grease. I said that earlier didn’t I?! Hold on… looks like I didn’t. Ok, ALWAYS save bacon grease. You never know when you may need it! Back to this recipe. Take your eggs and fry them in the bacon grease. Holy. Hell. So good!! Cook to your preferred doneness, I like mine over medium.
- Put your feet up and feast like a queen!
Bonus: You can add some freshly sliced tomato if you’re feeling extra fancy ?
Share with me: How do you “jazz up” your avocado toast?