2017 Book Challenge
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.-Dr. Suess
The Book Challenge
- Balancing in Heels
- Around the Way Girl
- Behind Closed Doors
- The Circle
- The Woman in Cabin 10
- Fahrenheit 451- February
- Jane Eyre
- A Tale of Two Cities
- Animal Farm
1. I’ve been wanting to read this book for awhile now. It came out last year. If you are not familiar with with who Kristin Cavallari is, she used to be on Laguna Beach and The Hills (MTV circa 2004-2010) and she was everyone’s favorite b****. She was a wild and unruly teenage, who only cared about one thing, herself.
Fast forward seven years and she just turned thirty, has 3 children under the age of 5, is married to a professional athlete, has a successful shoe line, just announced she is doing her own jewelry line, and she eats clean. Holy cow, that was a lot. I follow her on Instagram and she really is one of the few people that I keep up with (and Lauren Conrad, obvs). I am curious to see how she turned it all around and how she manages to balance it all. She’s my age, and refuses to be defined by her former self, and I can appreciate that. While our lives are nowhere near the same, I’m sure there is some commonality to be discovered, and I really want to know how she balances it all!
2. You are more than welcome to join me! In fact, I’d love for you to! If you don’t want to read the same book as me, that’s ok! Feel free to read another one from the list, or a book of your own! The point of this is to read, so read on.
3. I am going to post my progress on Twitter, so make sure to follow me there(and help keep me on track)!
4. On the first day of the following month, I will post my review of the previous months book, and announce the book for the next month. Was that confusing? Let me explain. On February 1st, I will post my review for the book from January, and announce Februarys’ book and so on all the way until December 2017.
5. Reading is a great way to escape and imagine, let’s do that together!
Share your thoughts/book choices in the comments!